Top Banner

Breaking News

UK made contingency plans in case Johnson died in COVID-19 battle

British Prime minister Boris Johnson revealed "contingency plans" were made by the government while he was seriously ill with the Coronavirus infection. In an interview with The Sun newspaper today, Prime minister said doctors gave him "litres and litres of oxygen" to keep him alive.

"The bad moment came when it was 50-50 whether they were going to have to put a tube down my windpipe," Prime minister said. He also credited his recovery to "wonderful, wonderful nursing" in the paper.

He described his experience with the disease, "I've broken my nose, I've broken my finger, I've broken my wrist, I've broken my rib. I've broken just about everything. I've broken all sorts of things, several times in some cases."
"But I've never had anything as serious as this."

Britain's Prime Minister Boris Johnson records a video message for Captain Tom Moore's 100th birthday at 10 Downing Street in London, Britain April 29, 2020. (Pippa Fowles/Reuters)
At the interview, the prime minister revealed about contingency plans which were made by the government in case of his death."I was not in particularly brilliant shape, and I was aware there were contingency plans in place."

He also said he knew at the time that doctors had devised a plan in the event of his death. "They had a strategy to deal with a 'death of Stalin'-type scenario,".

On 26th March, Mr. Johnson was diagnosed with Coronavirus and was admitted to St. Thomas' Hospital in London 10 days later. He was moved to Intensive Care the following day.

After winning the battle against Coronavirus, Prime minister returned to work on last Monday, a month after testing positive for COVID-19.

-BBC/Aljazeera

No comments